Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Retreat/trip to Port

This passed Friday through Monday was the retreat for all of the missionaries on the compound. We went to the beach all day Saturday, then stayed at a nice hotel in Cap Hatian through Monday morning. We had a pastor of some of our missionaries, from back home in the states, come with his wife and put on our sessions throughout the weekend. It was a lovely much-needed rest and spritual refreshment. Then on Monday, Julie and I left the hotel and headed out to Milot to work for a half day. I am really glad we did too, because we hadn't been there for awhile and I had a lot of catching up to do. I won't have a chance to get out to Milot again until next week, as I will be leaving for Diquini in Port au prince tomorrow morning at 7. It will be a team of about 25 people made up of missionaries and seminary students. We will be there through Monday supporting Junior and His new church ministry in Diquini in any way we can. The plan is that some of the team will be doing Evangelization and outreach, and others will be putting on a VBS program for the children. I get to work with the children, along with Julie, Kate, and a few of the seminary students. I am really excited for this opportunity God has given me to go visit and encourage Junior and his staff, and hopefully be a blessing to the children in Diquini. I ask that you would lift up this trip in your prayers, that we would all be willing to be used in whatever way the Lord sees fit and that the Holy Spirit would do a mighty work in the hearts of His people. Thank you, may you experience God's power in a new way this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment