Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ephesians 2:10

The Lord has recently opened up an opportunity for me to serve Him by helping one of the women missionaries here, Jane, be a hostess for short term teams coming to Haiti through the OMS organization. This job will involve coordinating schedules with our headquarters in Greenwood as to when we have available room and specific jobs for various teams. I will have to decide where to house everyone, make vehicle arrangements, inform housekeeping and kitchen staff of dates when they will need to be working, and take new teams through orientation(rules, tour, info about OMS, schedules, etc.). This is all done with the intent to ensure that their time here is fruitful and unhindered in what God wants to accomplish in and through them. I am trying to learn quickly from Jane how this process all works out, as she and her husband are leaving mid April to go back to the states for 2 weeks and I will be in charge of teams on my own! I am really glad I am able to help relieve some of the stress from Jane, as she is in charge of other ministries and can't do it all by herself anymore. It is incredible to witness the ways in which God works and see His perfect plan unfold. In cross training I learned that one of my spiritual gifts is hospitality, and when Jane came to me and said she thought I would be great for this job, I praised God that He had created me for good works in Christ Jesus, which He had prepared in advance! Never ceases to amaze me the way He perfectly knits together each tiny detail of our lives before we are even born, so that His name might be glorified through us, if only we are willing to give Him back the life that He has given us. I want to encourage you all with Psalm 139. Know that God is acquainted with ALL your ways, and the days that He formed for you have already been written! We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God has already prepared beforehand that we should walk in them! All He is asking is that we surrender our life willingly to the plans that He has for us, not ours, but His. And He will do greater things in and through us than we could ever imagine, to the glory of His name!

Please pray that God will use me to pour out His love, truth, and grace into the teams that come through here, and that I will have sufficient organizational skills to keep all in order and running smoothly. I am so thankful for everyones prayers and encouragment! May you be filled with His perfect peace and joy this week!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Han. I think the hostess position will be fun and I will be praying for a quick learning curve. It is amazing how God opens doors when we are obedient to him. I know in my heart that your year in Haiti will be full of experiences beyond any of our imaginations for his glory, I love you-Momsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Han,
    This is Sarah Quinlan, Johannah's younger sister. You are my missionary that I am praying for in Awana and I will follow your blogspot to see how you are doing in Haiti. Mom and I pray for you every night that God will use you and that you stay safe.
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete