Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pictures!

Julie and I hiked to a church on Sunday with most of the OMS missionaries who live on our compound. It was a beautiful hike, and here are a few pictures from that day:


On the way up

~Coupe Davide~
The people of the church had prepared lunch for us after the service.

The wet truck ride home. The guy next to me is Junior, and the man next to him is Bob. Bob is a pastor and was at cross-training with me. He is in Haiti for 2 weeks teaching at the seminary.

I started language training today with a Haitian girl named Mari Rose. I have class Monday-Friday from 2-4. I am so excited to finally start working toward being able to communicate and understand the Haitian people. Tonight I shared about my life in Kate's level 3 english class and then answered some of the questions that the students had. It was good practice for them and nice for me to get to meet some new people.

Here are just a few more pictures of where I'm staying and I will try to post a link next time to a photo album so I can show more of my pictures.


My house


These are both of the clinic
I am ever grateful for the support and encouragement from you all, it is such a privilege to be apart of what God is doing in Haiti! I ask for your continued prayers for me personally and also for this country, as greater things are yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment